Monday, May 12, 2008

If I have to share my husband

I was reading Alisha's comments about a husband being gone alot. It brought back memories of when my husband was a Bishop and then in the Stake Presidency. It was really hard at times but I always felt if I had to share my husband, I would so much rather it be with the Lord than so many other things that some women experience.

A friend told me years ago that it was better to have 10% of a 90% man than 90% of a 10% man. I have come to appreciate that fact.

So those who are blessed with a 90% man, especially in the church, we can be thankful that it is the Lord we are sharing him with.

It is still hard, but it is worth it and each will be blessed for that sacrifice. I felt the Lord was mindful of me and blessing me with strength when needed and that He was also blessing our family

When I stand before the Lord one day and am asked if I willingly helped and supported my husband in his service for to Lord, I want to be able to say, yes.

Thanks Alisha for sharing your thoughts.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Thank you. Luckily, Jared does not have a calling right now that keeps him away from home a lot, but he still has school work and other activities that sometimes take away "MY" time. It's not really easy, but I try to support him in the things that he does, and I always remember that there WILL come a day that he will have a calling that keeps him away from home more than I'd like. I totally agree with everything that you said though.

The Walker Family said...

thank you for sharing your thoughts! The quote is so true. And we must trust the blessings of our sacrifice will have eternal consequences!

Lisha said...

I love youe wisdom, I've learned so much from you! Love you!

mom2eight said...

I am very proud of you women who keep the home fires burning while the men are serving. You are often overlooked and your struggles and sacrifices not always noticed or appreciated. Knowing how tough it can be I deeply appreciate each of you who hang in there.