Monday, May 12, 2014

Life as a "Mormon"

I challenged myself to start blogging again and to make the focus be about letting others have an idea of what being a Mormon is all about.  There seems to be a lot of information about what people think being Mormon involves that is not necessarily accurate.  So hopefully this will be a way to share what life is like for me that will also give insights into what those who are called Mormons believe.

The first thing that I would share is the correct name of the church.  I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  I am sure most people are familiar with the term Mormon Church.  I do not belong to the "Mormon" church.  I belong to the Church that bears the name of the personage that I worship and serve, that being Jesus Christ.

The term Mormon is like a nickname but  since it is a familiar term to most people who would be looking for information about the Church and/or the members, I used it for the name of my blog.

 I want to say up front that this blog is not meant to put down other faiths or beliefs in any way. It is meant simply to share my experiences, to hopefully inform and to correct misconceptions along the way.

I look forward to sharing the joy that is mine through membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.






No comments: